Friday, September 18, 2009

Basquiat+Wild Style= !

NE DANS LA RUE: GRAFFITI
This is walking towards the show





Inside 
















Behind the building.  The snack shack transformed.










Can you even see the bathroom door?
They graffitied everything!


The show was fanstastic.  

I am a huge Basquiat fan and saw the largest 2D piece of his.  I did a quick drawing of it with my crayons on the back of tea carton flap.  I was only missing my white crayon to go over my mistakes.  I was a happy happy camper.  I sat down with the hip hop standoff from Wild Style
playing on my left and the Basquiat in front of me.  With my blue pointed flats dangling over the bench I felt like a little girl armed with my crayons ready to draw(observe/love).  

Not all of the show was graffiti in terms of spray paint, but mix media arts and stencils. 

Some of the artists to look up that I really liked: JonOne,West,Ghost,Wane,LADYPINK,Barry McGee (Sf artist--sis has some of his stuff:)&Evan Roth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Bookmark and Share