Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Croquis

It's official. I am a design student studying my craft in Paris.  Today for Fashion Illustration, we attended the Academie de la Grande Chaumiere to sketch a nude model.  The model looked like woman out of a Gauguin painting.  Sketching for three hours is exhausting but exhilarating! I was starving afterwords but did not feel like food was going to satisfy me--I am reminded of how easy it is to be feed by art and minimal food.  

My professor says that the studios have not changed since she was 11, and she is now 55.  The Academie was actually founded in 1904.  Curious to think of the other artists who have passed through those halls...http://www.grande-chaumiere.fr/page_ang/celebrites.html


1 comment:

  1. You are having way too much fun that I wish I could take part in... jealous... officially!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Bookmark and Share