Saturday, September 19, 2009

Broccoli, Brocante, Bibliotheque, Brancusi, Baubles

Groceries at the open-air market on Charonne by my apartment--a little less vivacious as some of the others, but did buy a Rhubard nectar.  

The Brocante is like an open-air flea market.  Great for antiques, but I was over having to bump my way for groceries, and now dirty dishes?  I did buy a tres jolie jade rose ring for five euro--need to work on my numbers so I can haggle!  This did provide an opportune time to sketch people for FAS.  

Pompidou center may get crowded with people but maintains a level of quite for getting work done:)

Had to check out at least one museum during the Heritage Festival: Brancusi.  The visual memory of Brancusi for art history slide tests made my eyes do a triple take--no, they don't look at all the same.  I forgot that he took photos and provided backdrops for his works (in addition to the years already spent in creation) to ensure the compleat compostion of his pieces.   
  
 Brancusi's works are so precise and emotive while looking flawless, but I forget the level of      difficulty.  I am jaded because I see intresting factory produced metals at Design Within Reach,    but truly nothing like Brancusi.  His works were innovative in the 20's and 30's and are still  breathtakingly remarkble today.  

I attended TMode, an exhibition for 90 designers and artists.  The works were good, but I think I saw more innovate works at the Maker Fair.  

okay so the Hotel de Ville was not on the alliteration list, but it was a pretty day:)




No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Bookmark and Share