Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I am really diggin the street art.  

In a city with such beautiful and historic sites, these images are modern contrasts.  It is vandalism, but I can't help but think that France doesn't mind these forms. There is even a current exhibition of graffiti art at « Né dans la rue: Graffiti » at the Fondation Cartier. 261 blv Raspail (14th). Metro Denfert . Everyday 11am-8pm, closed on Mondays--I plan to check it out.  

Amidst the historical sites, are these artists following in the footsteps of other non-aristocratic citizens, having their own quite revolution; a single protest to what they want to see and not abiding by the city’s laws in preserving Parisian aesthetics?  I say oui.

You will see more photos of this art as it is what I like to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Bookmark and Share