Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Full stomach. Full cup.


Thanks to my friend Gabriella and her fantastic Auntie Maro for being such warm people. Auntie Mauro cooked for Nina, Gab, and myself in Gab's closet of a studio.  A home cooked meal and girl talk is always good for the soul especially if you get expert brassiere advice, too.  

Auntie has been working in lingerie for over 30+ years.  I told her my interest in designing lingerie and she gave me the biggest dilemma in lingerie retail.  She states and poses that "the products are designed for the young, not for the old, and who is willing to spend the money?" I reply, "the less young ladies?" "Of course," Auntie declares!   

She is also the top lady to go to in DC area (Nordstrom) for assistance with prosthetics--this field is soo fascinating and emotional.  She is a wonder of a woman providing the service of a licenced expert in brassiere prosthesis (health insurance paperwork included).  

I would like to design for the dilemma and would love to design for survivors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Bookmark and Share